Living in Roeland Park KS
Are you considering a move to the Kansas City metro area? If so, you won't want to miss out on the charming community of Roeland Park, KS. Located just minutes from downtown Kansas City, Roeland Park offers a range of amenities and benefits that make it an ideal place to call home. From its central location to its strong sense of community and excellent schools, Roeland Park has something for everyone. In this page, we'll take a closer look at everything Roeland Park has to offer and help you find your dream home in this wonderful community. So, keep reading to learn more and discover the available homes for sale in Roeland Park, KS.
Don’t miss out on Justin’s latest YouTube video about the most trendy neighborhoods in Kansas City: Brookside. As a local real estate expert, Justin shares everything you need to know about this charming and historic neighborhood, making it a must-watch for anyone planning to move to Brookside.
Urban Meet Suburban
A Great Community
Roeland Park, KS is a friendly and vibrant community that offers a suburban lifestyle with easy access to all the amenities of the city. What sets Roeland Park apart from other neighborhoods in the Kansas City metro area is its strong sense of community and small-town feel.
Roeland Park is home to a diverse mix of people from all walks of life, including young families, professionals, and retirees. The community is known for its excellent schools, beautiful neighborhoods, and friendly residents. Roeland Park is ideal for those who want to be close to the city but still want the comforts of suburban living.
One of the key benefits of living in Roeland Park is its central location. The community is just minutes from downtown Kansas City, the Country Club Plaza, and other popular destinations in the area. Roeland Park is also located close to major highways and interstates, making it easy to get around the area.
Roeland Park is a close-knit community that hosts a variety of events and activities throughout the year, including festivals, concerts, and farmers markets. The community also has several parks and green spaces that offer opportunities for recreation and relaxation.
Overall, Roeland Park is an excellent choice for those seeking a suburban lifestyle with easy access to urban amenities. Its strong sense of community, excellent schools, and convenient location make it a highly desirable place to call home in the Kansas City metro area.
Access: Roeland Parks' Location is King
Roeland Park's location is one of its biggest assets. The community is conveniently located in the heart of the Kansas City metro area, making it easy to get to all of the area's top destinations. Commute times from Roeland Park are generally very reasonable, with easy access to major highways and interstates.
For those commuting to Corporate Woods, the drive from Roeland Park typically takes around 20-25 minutes. The commute to the KCI Airport is also relatively easy, taking around 25-30 minutes.
Downtown Kansas City is just a short drive from Roeland Park, with a typical commute time of around 15-20 minutes. The nearby Country Club Plaza shopping center is also easily accessible from Roeland Park, with a commute time of around 10-15 minutes.
Overall, Roeland Park's central location makes it an ideal choice for those who want to be close to everything the Kansas City metro area has to offer. The community's convenient access to major highways and interstates means that residents can easily commute to work or enjoy all of the amenities the area has to offer without spending hours in the car.
How are Mission KS Schools?
Roeland Park is home to several highly-rated schools, making it an excellent choice for families with children. The Shawnee Mission School District serves the community, which includes several elementary schools, middle schools, and high schools.
One of the primary reasons why families choose to live in Roeland Park is because of the excellent schools in the area. The Shawnee Mission School District is known for its high-quality education, and many of the schools in Roeland Park have received top ratings from organizations like GreatSchools.
Roeland Park is also home to several private schools, including Bishop Miege High School, which is a highly-regarded Catholic school in the area. The community also has several preschools and early childhood education centers, providing parents with a variety of educational options for their children.
Overall, Roeland Park's excellent schools make it a highly desirable place for families with children. The community's commitment to education and its highly-rated schools provide children with the foundation they need to succeed both academically and personally.
Fooding in Roeland Park
Roeland Park offers a variety of dining options, ranging from casual to upscale, and many of the restaurants are locally-owned and operated. Some of the noteworthy dining options in the area include:
- Joe's Kansas City Bar-B-Que: This award-winning restaurant is known for its mouth-watering barbecue and has been featured on numerous food shows.
- Ixtapa Mexican Restaurant: This family-owned Mexican restaurant has been serving up delicious and authentic cuisine for over 30 years.
- SPIN! Neapolitan Pizza: This casual eatery serves up delicious wood-fired pizza, salads, and sandwiches made with fresh, locally-sourced ingredients.
- Pirate's Bone Burgers: This popular burger joint serves up delicious gourmet burgers, fries, and shakes.
- McLain's Market: This bakery and cafe serves up delicious breakfast and lunch options, including pastries, sandwiches, and salads.
Roeland Park is located in the heart of the Kansas City metropolitan area, which means that residents have access to a wide variety of dining options both within and outside of the city. Some popular dining destinations just outside of Roeland Park include:
- Country Club Plaza: This outdoor shopping and dining district is home to a wide variety of restaurants, ranging from casual to upscale. Some of the noteworthy options include The Capital Grille, Gram & Dun, and The Cheesecake Factory.
- Westport: This historic district is known for its lively nightlife scene and diverse selection of restaurants. Some of the popular options include Char Bar, Beer Kitchen, and Westport Cafe & Bar.
- Downtown Kansas City: The downtown area is home to many of the city's top restaurants, including Michael Smith, The Rieger, and Corvino Supper Club & Tasting Room.
- Overland Park: This nearby suburb has a variety of dining options, including J. Gilbert's Wood-Fired Steaks and Seafood, Stroud's, and Urban Table.
Overall, residents of Roeland Park have a wide range of dining options to choose from, whether they are looking for something casual or upscale. The nearby Country Club Plaza, Westport, Downtown Kansas City, and Overland Park all offer unique dining experiences that are worth exploring.
What to do in Roeland Park?
Roeland Park is a community that offers a lot of diversity in terms of entertainment and recreation. Here are some of the standout features and activities in the area:
- Roeland Park Community Center: This state-of-the-art facility offers a variety of classes, programs, and activities for all ages. Whether you’re interested in fitness classes, cooking classes, or art classes, there’s something for everyone at the community center.
- Parks and Trails: Roeland Park has several parks and trails, each offering unique features and amenities. R Park is the most popular, featuring a playground, picnic areas, a walking trail, and a sledding hill in the winter. Other parks in the area include Neale Peterson Park and Santa Fe Commons Park.
- Festivals and Events: Roeland Park hosts several annual events, including the Roeland Park Community Festival, the Roeland Park Egg Hunt, and the Mayor’s Holiday Tree Lighting. These events are great opportunities to meet neighbors, enjoy some entertainment, and celebrate the community.
- Nearby Attractions: While Roeland Park is a small community, it’s located just minutes away from some of the best attractions in Kansas City. The Country Club Plaza, Westport, and the Power & Light District are all just a short drive away, offering a variety of restaurants, shops, and nightlife options.
- Family-Friendly Activities: Roeland Park is a great place for families, with plenty of activities to keep kids of all ages entertained. The Roeland Park Aquatic Center is a popular spot during the summer months, while Sky Zone Trampoline Park and Pinstripes Bowling are great options for indoor fun.
Overall, Roeland Park is a welcoming and friendly community that offers a lot of opportunities for entertainment and recreation. The community center, parks and trails, festivals and events, nearby attractions, and family-friendly activities all contribute to the unique charm of Roeland Park.
Roeland Park is an attractive option for homebuyers seeking a comfortable suburban lifestyle with a relatively low cost of living. Compared to other cities in the Kansas City metro area, Roeland Park offers a cost of living that is slightly below the national average. The primary reason people choose to live in Roeland Park in terms of cost of living is the affordability of housing options. The median home price in Roeland Park is slightly lower than other nearby cities, such as Prairie Village and Fairway, making it a popular choice for first-time homebuyers, downsizers, and families looking for an affordable community.
While Roeland Park may not offer as many amenities or attractions as larger cities like Overland Park or Kansas City, it still has its unique charm and character. The city's small size and community-focused atmosphere create a tight-knit and welcoming environment that many residents find appealing. Additionally, Roeland Park's location in the heart of Johnson County provides easy access to many employment opportunities, shopping centers, and entertainment options in nearby cities.
Compared to nearby cities like Prairie Village, Mission, or Fairway, Roeland Park's cost of living is relatively similar, but it does offer some unique advantages. For example, Roeland Park has a significantly lower median home price than Prairie Village and Fairway, which can be a deciding factor for many homebuyers. Additionally, Roeland Park has a slightly lower cost of living index than Mission, which can be a more affordable option for those looking to live in the Johnson County area. Overall, Roeland Park's cost of living is competitive and attractive to those seeking an affordable, suburban lifestyle in the Kansas City metro area.
You point the direction,
we’ll guide you there.
Pros and Cons of Roeland Park, KS
- Affordable Cost of Living: As previously mentioned, Roeland Park has a lower cost of living compared to other areas in the Kansas City metro, making it an attractive option for those on a budget.
- Convenient Location: Roeland Park is conveniently located near major highways and is just a short drive from downtown Kansas City, Overland Park, and other major areas of the metro. This makes commuting and getting around town a breeze.
- Quaint Community Feel: Roeland Park has a small-town feel, with tree-lined streets and charming homes. It's a close-knit community where neighbors know each other, and residents often gather for local events and activities.
- Access to Parks and Outdoor Activities: Roeland Park is home to several parks and recreational areas, including R Park, which offers playgrounds, picnic areas, and walking trails. There are also nearby options for hiking, fishing, and other outdoor activities.
- Excellent Schools: Roeland Park is part of the highly-regarded Shawnee Mission School District, which is known for its excellent academic programs and highly-rated schools.
As for the cons, some may include:
- Limited Nightlife Options: While Roeland Park has plenty of family-friendly activities and restaurants, there aren't as many options for those looking for a bustling nightlife scene.
- Older Homes: Roeland Park has a mix of newer and older homes, with many homes built in the 1950s and 1960s. While these homes have charm and character, they may require more upkeep and maintenance than newer homes.
Compared to other nearby areas like Prairie Village, Mission, or Fairway, Roeland Park offers a more affordable cost of living while still providing access to excellent schools, parks, and a convenient location. Prairie Village and Fairway may offer more upscale dining and shopping options, but Roeland Park still has a quaint charm and a sense of community that draws residents in. Meanwhile, Mission may have a lower cost of living, but Roeland Park has a more central location and more established neighborhoods. Ultimately, the choice comes down to personal preferences and what each individual values most in a community.
The Perfect Balance: The Urban Suburb
Roeland Park is truly a hidden gem in the Kansas City metro area. With its close proximity to downtown Kansas City, easy access to major highways, great schools, and affordable cost of living, it's no wonder why so many people are choosing to make Roeland Park their new home. The community has a welcoming and friendly vibe, and residents enjoy a variety of dining, shopping, and entertainment options. There are also several parks and recreational areas nearby, making it a great place for families and outdoor enthusiasts.
If you're considering moving to Roeland Park or anywhere in the Kansas City area, the Plains Paris team is here to help. As a full-service real estate company, our experienced agents are dedicated to providing personalized and comprehensive services to help clients achieve their real estate goals. We can help you navigate the complex world of real estate, whether you're buying or selling a home, and ensure that you make the best decision for your future. With our extensive knowledge of the local market and commitment to providing the best possible experience, you can trust us to guide you every step of the way. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help you achieve your real estate goals.
OUR FAVORITE SUBDIVISIONS:
The Real Scoop on Roeland Park Real Estate
Roeland Park offers a variety of real estate options, from charming historic homes to modern and updated properties. One of the most popular neighborhoods in Roeland Park is the Fairway Homesites, which features a mix of architectural styles, tree-lined streets, and walkable access to amenities. The Roeland Park Historic District also offers a unique selection of homes with historic charm and character, while the Village of Mission provides a more urban feel with easy access to shopping, dining, and entertainment.
- Fairway Manor: This neighborhood offers a mix of mid-century modern and traditional homes with spacious yards. The tree-lined streets and quiet atmosphere make it a desirable location for families.
- Roeland Park Hills: This neighborhood offers a mix of small to mid-sized homes, many of which have been updated and renovated. It’s a great option for those who want to be close to amenities but still have a suburban feel.
- Colonial Village: This is a popular neighborhood for first-time homebuyers, as it offers affordable ranch-style homes with large yards. The quiet streets and convenient location make it a great option for families.
- Mission Gardens: This neighborhood features a mix of single-family homes and duplexes, with many properties featuring updated interiors and spacious yards. It’s a popular choice for downsizers and those looking for a low-maintenance lifestyle.
Overall, Roeland Park offers a variety of real estate options that cater to different needs and lifestyles. Whether you’re a first-time homebuyer, downsizer, or looking for a family-friendly neighborhood, there is something for everyone in Roeland Park.